Please refer to the following booklets for important information about the application process.
Effective March 2015: The TOEFL will be required for all English as Second Language (ESL)
applicants applying to the SFCC OTA program. A minimum score of 85 within the last 2 years is required. Please
request a paper score be submitted to the SFCC OTA Program Director (mailing address is listed in our booklets)
upon completion of the TOEFL prior to sending in your program application. Please refer to
www.ets.org/toefl for more information.
SFCC's OTA program incorporates a selective process for admission. This process uses a point system based on coursework and experience as outlined
in the application. Please be aware that the completion of all prerequisites does not ensure admission to the program.
- Completion of the online Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Application Booklet.
Applications are accepted during the winter quarter preceding fall quarter entry into the program. See the booklet for specific due dates.
Entry into the program is only one time a year, fall quarter.
- Appropriate placement scores in assessment tests for ENGL& 101 and Math.
- Preferably a minimum of 2.0 in BIOL& 241.
- Documentation of paid or volunteer experience in a medical setting (40 hour minimum volunteer hours under supervision of OT or OTA,
students graded to 100 hours).
- Completion of 3 essay questions related to occupational therapy.
- Professional Reference (mailed separately to Dean's office).
- If application is complete, student will be required to participate in a group interview/activity session prior to selection.
- Upon acceptance, current immunizations and passing of physical examination, drug screening and Washington State Patrol criminal background check.