Spokane Falls Community College is accredited by the Northwest
Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Washington Community College District 17 (Community Colleges of Spokane) includes Spokane
Community College (SCC), Spokane Falls Community College (SFCC) and the Institute for Extended
Learning (IEL). SCC and SFCC are accredited by the Northwest
Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Many
individual programs also are accredited
by additional professional accrediting associations.
- Students enrolled in credit programs at Institute for Extended Learning Centers earn their
certificates and degrees through SFCC or SCC.
- Completion of a certificate or degree program at the Institute for Extended Learning, Spokane
Community College or Spokane Falls Community College does not guarantee job placement.
- Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS) operates under the jurisdiction of the Washington State
Board for Community and Technical Colleges and is a member of the American Association of Community
Colleges and the Washington Association of Community and Technical Colleges.
- Spokane Community College and Spokane Falls Community College are approved to participate in
Federal Title IV, Washington State Financial Aid and Title 38 Veterans Educational Benefit
programs. Institute for Extended Learning centers are approved as additional locations through
the two colleges for students enrolled in eligible degree or certificate programs.
2012 NWCCU Reaffirmation Letter
2011 SFCC Year One Report
2008 NWCCU Interim Report
2008 NWCCU Reaffirmation Letter
2008 Five-year Interim Report
2003 NWCCU Final Report
This represents the report on accreditation provided by the NWCCU following an October 2003 visit.
2003 NWCCU Commendations and
2003 NWCCU Recommendations
These represent commendations and recommendations issued by NWCCU after the October 2003 accreditation visit.
Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052-3981
Telephone: (425) 558-4224
Fax: (425) 376-0596