Running Start - Enrollment Process
What are eligibility requirements?
If the student's reading, writing, and math scores qualify for college-level courses,
he/she may register for any college-level course. If the reading and writing scores
qualify for college-level courses, but the math scores do not, he/she may only register
for college-level courses that do not include mathematics. If the student’s math
score qualifies for college-level courses, but the reading and/or writing scores
do not, he/she may only register for math.
How much will it cost to attend SFCC?
What is the enrollment process?
Tuition costs will be paid by the state through the public school district. However,
students registering for more than 18 credits in any one quarter will be responsible
for paying for those additional credits. Students also are responsible for the purchase
of books and supplies, which could add up to several hundred dollars each quarter.
The Running Start program includes fees such as a placement test fee, and others
as applicable, such as a parking permit.
- Notify your public high school counselor of your interest in the Running Start
- Complete a CCS Application for Admission form.
- Obtain an official copy of your high school transcript.
- Forward the application along with your transcript to:
Spokane Falls Community College
3410 W. Fort George Wright Dr. - MS 3011
Spokane, WA 99224-5288
- Upon receiving an Application, the Admissions Office will send or provide you
with web site information for scheduling to
take the COMPASS Test. NOTE: A current
application must be processed prior to scheduling a testing appointment.
- A letter concerning eligibility will be sent to you from SFCC. Information pertaining
to a seminar, academic consulting, and registration will be sent to you at a later date.
- Obtain a Course Recommendation Form and Course Equivalency Form from your high
school counselor. Seek advice from your high school counselor regarding course applicability
and credit equivalency. Designate alternative courses on the Course Recommendation
- Submit the Running Start Course Recommendation Form to your public high school
counselor. He/she will then forward a copy of the form to SFCC.
- You will be required to attend a seminar before registering for classes.
- Purchase your textbooks at the college bookstore before the first class day.
What is the registration process?
Seminar web site information will be mailed to you for you to schedule to attend
a seminar. After attending a seminar, you will be able to register for your classes.
Detailed instructions on how to register will be given to you at the seminar.
Do we have to apply each quarter?
The Running Start school application is required only the first quarter. However,
you must submit a new
Running Start Course Recommendation form to SFCC during the registration period
- Contact your Running Start high school counselor at your student's school.
- You may also contact Barb Hahto at SFCC: