What is Worker Retraining?
Worker Retraining is a Washington state cooperative initiative between the Community
Colleges of Spokane and the Washington State Employment Security Department. This
initiative is designed to help unemployed workers retrain and re-enter the workforce.
Priority is given to dislocated workers. Services provided through this initiative
- Employment and training assistance
- School-to-work and job transition
- Career planning
- Customized retraining
- Entrepreneurial training
- Financial assistance, which may be used only for tuition, books, childcare and transportation
- On-campus access to a qualified Employment Security counselor
- Job Placement assistance
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible if you have been laid off or have received a layoff notice from
a Washington state employer, and you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are currently receiving, or are eligible to receive, Washington state unemployment benefits.
- You have exhausted Washington state employment benefits within the past 24 months.
- You are a dislocated worker.
- You are a displaced homemaker.
- You were formerly self-employed.
- You are a veteran separated within 24 months from armed forces w/ honorable discharge
If you are interested in determining your eligibility to participate, or would like additional information,
contact the SFCC Workforce Development office at:
||Worker Retraining Coordinator
||Building 17, Room 105
Spokane Falls Community College