The Art Department offers a strong foundation in the visual arts. You'll begin with classes in drawing,
design, art history and appreciation. Then you'll develop your painting, drawing and sculpture skills.
Many specialized classes are available including printmaking (silkscreen, intaglio, and lithography),
watercolor, acrylic and oil painting, figure and experimental drawing, sculpture (including welding and
bronze casting), jewelry, ceramics, mixed media and installation art. The classes you choose will depend
on your interests and the program option you select.
Our art facilities include:
- A ceramics studio with throwing wheels and various kilns.
- A foundry and sculpture studio used for working in both metals and wood.
- A printmaking studio including a darkroom.
- Studios for drawing, painting and design.
- Two lecture classrooms for art history / survey courses.
- A professional art gallery.
Visit the Fine Arts Facebook
for more information about current department happenings, student art, and art-related information.