Considering a career in education? This popular pre-major program follows the general
A.A. transfer degree
including the education courses
below. In addition, you
can earn an associate degree through one of several Direct Transfer Agreements
is a statewide articulated transfer degree agreement for elementary education majors
between the community colleges and public baccalaureate universities. For specific
requirements, contact Judy Noel at (509) 533-3617
or a counselor at (509)
Education Transfer Agreements
Education Courses Offered
Three Education courses are recommended for Education Premajors:
- EDUC& 202 - Introduction to Education (5 Cr)
- EDUC& 205 - Introduction to Education with Field Experience (5 Cr)
- EDUC 206 - Tutor Training (1 Cr)
Additional Education courses available are listed below. Click on the links below for course description and current class schedule.
All course offerings are subject to change. The college cannot guarantee class offerings,
designated times or specific instructors - as funding levels and student interest may affect whether or not an
offering is available.
TeachWashington is a
web site developed to provide a user-friendly gateway to knowledge about teacher
certification in the state of Washington.
- Find comprehensive and up-to-date information currently available about every
teacher certification program in Washington State.
- Query the site for information about different pathways into teacher education
programs, transfer information, and content area endorsements.
- Frequently asked questions on how to become a teacher in Washington.
- Links to the certification program web sites.
- A salary scale for Washington teachers.
- Links to information about scholarships and tuition assistance programs.
- Links to other national and state web sites in education.