The IELP Program offers students:
- Four levels of study
- The best computer language center available anywhere in Washington
- Classes held on-campus, with instructions by regular SFCC faculty
- ESL students are part of the regular student population, and can join in all student activities, including the International Club, the Peer Mentor Program, and any of the 30 other student clubs on campus.
- Upon completion of the ESL program, students receive an unconditional acceptance to both Spokane Falls Community College and Spokane Community College without having to submit a TOEFL score.
- A dynamic learning experience, in a pleasant and secure environment.
IELP classes are held on the SFCC campus. The student's program in the IELP begins upon arrival to campus. At that time, the student is administered a language placement examination that measures their English language ability in two primary areas: listening comprehension and reading comprehension. Currently, the IELP is using the Secondary Level English Proficiency Test (SLEP) as placement examination.
Students who complete the IELP program and the Associate of Arts degree at Spokane Community College will be offered a guaranteed transfer to one of SFCC's five university partners.